Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Is This a Threat?

In the comments section at Boots and Sabers, Peter DiGaudio of Texas Hold 'em Fame, is more than a little upset by the outcome of the elction.


You can go to hell as far as I am concerned. He is not my president. And you can take this country and shove it where the sun don’t shine. Screw you. You are not my fellow countryman as far as I am concerned. I want nothing to do with your damn country.

I don’t hope for his success. In fact, I seriously hope this country gets attacked by terrorists over and over again and every possible bad thing that can happen does happen ... to people like you.

If I had the money, I’d put a bounty on his melon. Seriously.

I guess, sadly, we've come to expect this sort of lunatic behavior from Peter. And, this is the third comment I've seen from a conservative threatening the life of President-Elect Barack Obama. Seriously, should we contact the Secret Service.

And while I don't advocate deletion of comments, I would have expected Owen Robinson to at least have said something about Peter's outburst. Owen's wife did!

UPDATE: Owen added a comment replying to Peter's outburst, after I had written this post. I apologize, Owen. You did the right thing.

I hope that your statements are the product of emotion on a tough night and that you will retract them. Regardless, they are completely inappropriate. I agree that America chose the wrong guy, but he is our duly elected president (almost) and the office and our nation deserve respect. We can vigorously oppose his policies while not wishing the man or the office ill will.

21 comments:

  1. Owen eventually did. So would his Owen and/or fan base approve of turning Peter's comment over to the Secret Service?

    On the short list of Cheddarsphere Misanthropes Most Likely To Grab A Gun And Shoot Somebody, isn't Peter at the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, should we contact the Secret Service.

    No need: I'm sure the text-recognition triggers were tripped. Though "put a bounty on his melon" might be creative enough to avoid detection, I'm fairly certain "hope this country gets attacked" will do it.

    Spice

    spice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow that's not comforting -- to know we're being watched that closely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pete's blog has been deleted. It is no longer there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that. His decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Secret Service took it down. Peter's probably in custody by now. The MSM just won't cover the real stories, will they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can anyone explain why Jessica McBride appears to be friends with this lunatic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, even Paddy defended him when he was being castigated for his "chattering chihuahua" comment. At the time he called his writing "caustic" -- meant in a complimentary way.

    Apparently the most recent comments were too caustic even for Paddy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curiouser and curiouser.

    BBA Announcement
    Yesterday afternoon, I became aware of a comment made by one of our members in the comment section of another member's blog that appeared to be threatening in nature to the President-Elect. That member's blog was deleted and he has not responded to emails, so last night I made the decision to suspend his posting privileges indefinitely. Until such time that we can communicate with him, there will be no further comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these guys, though. The self-importance is astounding. FLASH: BBA Announcement. Get ready world for this important newsflash ... blah blah.

    Like, WTF cares.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think what we are seeing is the development of a new species. The right wing PUMA. It is fun to watch them in action.

    McCain and Palin fighting to throw each other under the bus.

    Now, bloggers running around with no coherency.

    Must have been like watching the Redcoats during the Revolutionary War. Their marching in line no longer works and they are at a loss of what to do with their new found individualism. It scares the bejeebers out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's back:
    http://theundergroundconservative.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where is there proof that Peter really set up that "new" blog?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big, bad Patrick Dorwin at Badger Blogger announced it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anyone could've set that blog up and said Peter did it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No, it's Peter. I will not reveal how I know, but it is really him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. anonymous, how do we know that is really you and not an impostor?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mike - LOL.

    Capper, I'll take your word for it.

    I also won't reveal how I know that Peter's former/now defunct blog got a visit from this domain yesterday. ;)

    http://www.isecuretrac.com/Services.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  19. He was visited by Spiderman? Dang, and all I get is the Hobgoblins.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope Spiderman also checked out PeeDig's insane rants about the Sheboygan mayor that he did on behalf of his favorite Sheboygan toady, Jeni Reisinger (who's being counter-sued by the city of Sheboygan).

    ReplyDelete