Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cowardly Behavior

In response to a few bloggers who thought Fred Dooley's recent deletion of an egregiously inaccurate post was unethical, Fred wrote this at his site, Real Debate Wisconsin.

Late Sunday evening I posted a piece highlighting an Obama flyer telling people how to vote.

Among the items listed there was a line telling if you could not prove who you are to bring along a neighbor to vouch for you.

I thought that illegal and researched and posted as much.

The next morning it was brought to my attention that idiotic standard was indeed legal so I did the right thing and deleted the post immediately. Funny thing though, whenever I do the right thing the left always complains about the way I do it. That's what the left does, complains about the right.

The left in their unyielding idiocy has been screaming for a retraction. Sometimes I don't have time to write a flowery piece and only have time to press the delete button, this was one of those times. Until someone starts paying me to blog, that will be the way things are around here.

Fact is in Wisconsin there are no standards to be able to vote.

I apologize for that post in error on Sunday evening.

However, I'm still waiting for all the lefties in the area to put up posts regarding the clearing of Sarah Palin in Trooper-Gate. One sided outrage is such an ugly thing.
I wrote a reply in the comment section there addressing this latest failure of Fred's to understand what it was he had done wrong.

However, I'm still waiting for all the lefties in the area to put up posts regarding the clearing of Sarah Palin in Trooper-Gate.

Why? That was a legitimate news story. And, she was cleared using appropriate channels. Government officials should always be held to a higher standard. Besides, I personally wrote nothing about Troopergate. I see no reason to write anything now.

Your faux pas, on the other hand, was done out of willful ignorance. You thought you saw a gotcha moment and jumped without looking.

Additionally, by deleting your post rather that leaving it and including your mea culpa as a responsible blogger would have done, you have now left Red State hanging because their original link to your post now leads no where. Questions, questions.
Fred has now informed me via e-mail that this post has been deleted and I have lost posting privileges. Considering I post a comment there approximately once every three months, I'm fairly certain I'll be able to overcome my disappointment. But it is truly a sad commentary on this person.

I stand by a comment I made. If Fred had simply admitted his error on the original post; if he had admitted he jumped before looking when he accused the Obama/Biden campaign of lying about election rules, no one would probably have cared.

Instead, Fred's reaction makes him appear even sillier and cowardly in the eyes of his peers.

8 comments:

  1. Palin was cleared by the Personnel Board, which is beholden to her for their jobs.

    She was still found to have violated the ethics code by the independent legislative investigation.

    Fred wants people to apologize for being correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred's a coward; plain and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of surprised. Not at his cowardice, but that he deleted my last comment. Everything I wrote was true. But, unlike the paeons that hang out there, I didn't descend into nasty, rude and crude language usage.

    Oh, the faux outarge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too often in today's political landscape discourse is kept among those who agree. This is not a blog to promote that. We discuss ideas here, we ask that you keep your tone in check and respect those who are willing to share. And we reserve the right to throw posts down the memory hole, and to zap comments that hit the target too precisely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, yours are the best comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait, what? Your comment got deleted in a post about deleting comments? Fred is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wait, what? Your comment got deleted in a post about deleting comments?

    I hadn't thought about it that way. That cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, my comments are now getting zapped, too. His place, his rules, his ham-handed response.

    ReplyDelete