Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Common Touch

Just to get an idea of how out of touch the Republican hierarchy is with its faithful lower-class sheep, and the rest of us, I went to the online store, Ann Taylor, to look at and get an dea of woman's apparel prices. I really don't know the cost of such stuff, so in an effort to reach the $150,000 apparently spent on Gov. Sarah Palin, I used the outfit creation menu, took the highest price in each category, multiplied that price by four and then assumed she would wear three suits a day for two weeks because of her grueling schedule inciting the bleating masses. The overall price does not include undergarments or jewelry.

Pumps: $472 each @ 48 pairs = $19,824
Scarves: $192 each @ 48 pieces = $8,064
Pleated v-necks: $176 each @ 48 pieces = $7,392
Flippy skirts: $432 each @ 48 pieces = $18,144
Jackets: $792 each @ 48 pieces = $33,264
Handbags: $912 each @ 48 pieces = $38,304

Total price = $124,992. Cool, left room for jewelry and underpants.

Wow. The RNC makes Imelda Marcos look like a spendthrift. Thanks for that common touch. I'd be surprised if my wife spends that much in ten years.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot the lipstick! Gotta have lots of that!

    Now that you mention it, I never recall hearing how much any male candidate spends on their wardrobe (with the exception of some $400 haircuts). It would be nice to have some point of reference to compare it to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony: That's funny. It's also funny how I've now read that comment (about haircuts and male wardrobes) five separate times the past two days. Hmmm. Good to see the talking points are getting out. :)

    Seriously, I think $150,000 is a bit much, don't you? Even without a point of reference. I mean, I can understand dressing up for the campaign, but that's a bit ridiculous.

    Oh, I can't resist this: Edwards paid the price (so to speak) for his haircut. Ar ar ar.

    ReplyDelete