Monday, February 6, 2012

Fred "Christian" Dooley Shows His Dark Side ... Again

“Christian” Fred Dooley, perhaps the largest hypocrite among local righty blogs, has decided that his version of Christianity is superior to our president’s. In his epistle, Dooley claims that President Obama got it completely wrong when he quoted Luke 12:48 at the National Day of Prayer breakfast.

The President had this to say: “And when I talk about shared responsibility, it's because I genuinely believe that in a time when many folks are struggling, at a time when we have enormous deficits, it's hard for me to ask seniors on a fixed income, or young people with student loans, or middle-class families who can barely pay the bills to shoulder the burden alone. And I think to myself, if I'm willing to give something up as somebody who's been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that's going to make economic sense.

"But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus' teaching that 'for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.'"

Fred’s reply is indicative of the blackness of his heart. “Apparently sitting under the teachings of Rev Wright all those years the Emperor was never taught that applying scriptural principles REQUIRES they be applied in CONTEXT. The context of Luke 12:48 is very clear that it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with taxes. It is a discussion about the responsibility of "managers" to be good stewards of what they manage - be it people or money - and to handle it as though the manager's superior may return from a long journey and expect to see that the manager has handled the affairs of the superior properly while he was gone.”

I happen to agree with the President. In this life there are those more blessed than others. Don’t you think that a fair and just God would apply the principle of "to whom much is given, much is required" with perfect fairness? Yes, the President did tie this to his ideas of tax fairness, but so what? What today is less Christian than the gulf between the wealthy and the poor?

Fred the “Christian” would do well to think twice before accusing someone else of a lack of context considering his racist views on the stimulus package ("Got my stimulus package in the mail today. It contained watermelon seeds, cornbread mix, and ten coupons to KFC.").

Though I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. KKK members said they were “Christians” too.

No comments:

Post a Comment