Patrick McIlheran and Thomas Sowell once again show their true colors in the “marriage” debate. I don’t have a problem their nitpicking about the stats used in a story that claimed that only 51% of women were married, the story, I guess, insinuating that marriage as an institution is fading away. I do have a problem with this sentence:
“In one way or another, however, the left has for more than two centuries tried to undermine families -- including today redefining the words ‘marriage’ and ‘family’ to include whatever kind of people want to live together in whatever way for whatever reason.
Whatever kind of people? The sentence would have worked perfectly well if the word “whomever” had been used instead. No, the use of this phrase enunciates quite clearly what Sowell and McIlheran think of gays … somehow they are a different kind of people.
Both should be ashamed, but you know that won’t happen. Both obsfuscate. Because, it’s not liberals who are tearing down the institution of marriage. It’s multiple divorce people like Newt Gingrich, Charlie Sykes, etc. who are doing it fine all by themselves.
They Say the Perfect Dog Doesn’t Exist
-
I was heading off to bed but wanted to share this magnificent bastard
before I do: He’s already been adopted because OF COURSE HE HAS.
The post They Say ...
44 minutes ago

No comments:
Post a Comment