Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dick Cavett ... Alive and Well

Courtesy of the illusory one, the one who no longer hides in the electronic shadows of anonymity, and now is visible at Wednesday night drinking soirees (sorry I missed that one) and elsewhere ... anyway, Dick Cavett has a blog! And I thought him dead.

I remember as a young teenager spending quality moments with my insanely hip (hey, she bought In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly ... isn't that drum solo one of the best ever?) together mom as we laughed at the banter of Cavett. His show was a singularly intelligent blip in a televsion world of laugh ins, hillbillys, and loco naval commanders (all shows I enjoyed, btw).

Oh if only there were something similar to entertain ... alas, there is only Hannity and O'Reilly. Cavett's show was ended because of declining ratings. Hannity's and O'Reilly's continue strong. Says something , doesn't it.

Ah, but there is his blog. And I now have created a link. Glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment