The raging vortex of weirdness descended today upon the place I work part-time for a little extra cash. First, a truck went through our carwash. Apparently the goof driving didn't expect the storm windows lying in the bed to fall out onto the carwash tracks and cause it to be out-of-order for two hours.
Then, the ATM went off-line.
Then, three gas pumps rejected credit cards simultaneously ... and refused to take them even though later inside they were found to be good.
Later, after the car wash had been fixed, a bolt snapped on a counter-weight bar and 400 pounds of weights landed on the car wash floor, leaving an indentation that my co-worker described thusly, "Like the depression in the ground where Superman lands after being pummeled by some huge space creature."
Then I actually won $15 in scratch-offs.
I'm home now. Fortunately for me and my wife, she's already seven months pregnant ... no longer any chance for twins.
John Roberts learns the reputational consequences of buying high on Trump
-
For many years, John Roberts’s life at his Maine retreat was a trip to the
Planet Cornball [gift link]: John, who has spent over 20 summers on Hupper
Isl...
1 hour ago

Damn. My day wasn't that bad at all. I feel your pain! lol
ReplyDeleteWhhhooooooaaaa.
ReplyDeleteNice to know you left the station under your own power, eh?
Your comment made me laugh, daddio. Very good point.
ReplyDeleteThanks Billiam. It was a strange day.