Apparently, New York Yankees pitcher, Cory Lidle, flew his plane into a Manhattan high rise today. I did not know Lidle, except that he was a pitcher and that I had acquired him last year in my fantasy league, then traded him to another team before the beginning of this winter season.
From all accounts he was a well-liked guy who had relatively recently gotten hooked on flying. Tragically, that new-found hobby was the cause of his demise.
I can't help but think of John Kennedy, Jr. and his unhappy flight to oblivion. And I have to wonder if there is something lacking in the training of these part-time pilots ... should standards be a little tougher to acquire a pilots license?
Nevertheless, it is sad news.
Abortion opponents attempt to enlist Supreme Court in race to the bottom
-
When they said that wanted to “leave abortion to the states,” well, they
were lying, but until they have the votes to pass a federal ban they want
to mak...
19 minutes ago

A) He was despondent because Joe Torre is still with the Yankess.
ReplyDeleteb) He's al-Qaeda.
When will the War on Yankees begin?
Mixter